Thursday, September 9, 2010

Percentage P6 2010 SA2 Henry Park P2 Q14

There were 70 more girls than boys in a carnival one day. On the next day, the number of boys increased by 30% but the number of girls decreased by 20%. There were 686 children on the second day. How much money was collected over the two days if children paid $3 each to enter the carnival? [4 marks][$4068]


First Day
G [                       ][    70   ]
B [                       ]

80/100 x 70 = 56


Second Day
G [][][][][][][][][ 56 ]           ]  686
B [][][][][][][][][][][][][]       ]  children

21 u --> 686 - 56 = 630
1u --> 630/21 = 30

20 u --> 20 x 30 = 600

600 + 70 = 670

670 + 686 = 1356

1356 x 3 = $4068

It was $4068.

2 comments:

  1. Number of girls decreased by 20% - So remaining 80%.

    ReplyDelete